School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Fairfax Villa Elementary School
Dave Gerstner, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1: Math
By May 15, 2020, 85% of students will achieve 3s (meeting grade-level expectations in accuracy and strategy communication) or higher on a computation and estimation math common assessment.
Students who achieved 3s (consistent control of grade-level expectations in accuracy and strategy communication) at the baseline assessment point and then took the following grade level’s assessment will be expected to increase their overall raw score from the midyear point.
- Support student conceptual knowledge through consistently implementing cooperative learning in Math Workshop in grades K-6.
- Consistent use of open-response math common assessments, designed to elicit student problem solving, across units throughout the year in Collaborative Teams to drive instruction.
- Individualized professional development to support teachers in reaching these math SIIP goals.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2: Reading
By Spring 2020, 80% of all kindergarten students will be reading instructionally at or above a DRA level 3 as measured by the Developmental Reading Assessment 2.
- Teachers will implement core literacy instruction in a workshop format as assessed by FCPS Elementary Literacy Framework guidelines.
- Teachers will become familiar with and implement the Kindergartners Learning About Print (KLAP) program to plan and instruct students in early literacy skills.
- Implement individualized professional development to support teachers in reaching these reading SIIP goals.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3: Reading
By Spring 2020, 75% of students in grades 1-6 who scored below the 50th percentile on the Beginning of the Year (BOY) iReady assessment will make at least one year’s growth in reading progress as assessed by the DRA2 (see appendix). This includes our target subgroup populations (Black, ESOL, SPED students).
- Teachers will implement core literacy instruction in a workshop format, including student goal setting and conferencing, as assessed by FCPS Elementary Literacy Framework guidelines.
- Teachers will use data from formative assessments to guide instruction.
- Implement individualized professional development to support teachers in reaching the reading SIIP goals.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #4: Portrait Of a Graduate
By June 2020, 90% of students in grades K-6 will increase their proficiency in communication as measured by the student self-assessment..
- Professional Development
- Provide explicit instruction and reflection for students